Elm City Montessori School is in the midst of a temporary school closure to protect the health and safety of our school community. We will collaborate with the city, state, and public health agencies to determine when we can safely reopen. We will continue to share all updates with our families. We encourage you to sign up for City Hall/Mayor Justin Elicker’s email updates: mailchi.mp/newhavenct/signup and New Haven Alerts (www.newhavenct.gov/gov/depts/emergency_info/alerts.htm).
We want to ensure that learning continues. To that end, our Instructional Team has met to develop and implement an evolving plan for distance learning.
- Communication – Let’s stay connected.
- Please update all contact information on Transparent Classroom.
- Technology/Internet: If you need any support accessing what you need please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. For free internet, we recommend: www.internetessentials.com.
- Share some photos in this shared Google Folder “ECMS Learning @ Home.” This is a space for students, families, and staff to share images of what learning looks like in your homes. This can range from traditional academic learning to creative, engaging, interactive…anything! We’re excited to see what you share!
- Follow our new ECMS instagram page: www.instagram.com/elmcitymontessori
- Classroom Assignments – Working together to help our children stay academically engaged.
- Primary: Classroom teachers will be reaching out to you with individual work on a weekly basis. Some classrooms will soon be launching Google Classroom sites. And see links below for many online resources!
- Elementary: We’re piloting Google Classroom among some classrooms as a tool to share our work plans. Guides are communicating their plans with you; reach out anytime!
- Willow: email@example.com
- Ginkgo: firstname.lastname@example.org | classroom.google.com, Class Code: srjhday
- Chestnut: email@example.com
- Oak: firstname.lastname@example.org | classroom.google.com, Class Code: umtu2i3
- Pine: email@example.com | classroom.google.com, Class Code: oxottte
Additional Online Resources
For a long list of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings, visit: www.amazingeducationalresources.com
Smarter Balanced Assessment Resources (3rd-5th Grade Students)
- Computerized Practice Tests: practice.
- Sample Questions: sampleitems.
- General Resources: smarterbalanced.org/parents
|www.funbrain.com||Pre-K+||Math, reading.||Practice varied skills and engage in new learning. Consider 30 minutes of daily practice.|
|khanacademy.org||K+||Math videos and practice.||Register, track your child’s math progress! Help your child to set and meet their goals.|
|coolmath4kids.com||Pre-K+||Math games||Practice varied math skills and engage in new learning.|
|code.org||Pre-K+||Computer science||Introduction to coding, accessible to children of all ages.|
|newsela.com||2+||Literacy, reading, news||Read grade-level appropriate news articles, answer comprehension questions. Consider focusing on a theme of high interest for your child.|
|powermylearning.org||K+||All subjects||A hub for educational games focusing on a wide variety of topics.|
|prodigygame.com||1+||Math||Super gameified leveled math practice.|
|everfi.net||K+||Literacy, finance, health, etc.||Modules focusing on deep dives into practical life topics.|
|pbskids.org||Pre-K+||All subjects, games||Deepen cosmic education learning with children-focused research. Help them connect what they’ve been studying in school to what they can research online.|
|kids.nationalgeographic.com||1+||Research||Deepen cosmic education learning with children-focused research. Help them connect what they’ve been studying in school to what they can research online.|
We cherish and value our learning space at ECMS and are working diligently to maintain a safe and healthy space for joyful learning. We are also committed to transparency and open communication for our families.
- If you have questions about school policy, reach out to Principal Julia.Webb@elmcitymontessori.org.
- If you have questions about technology, connect with David.Weinreb@elmcitymontessori.org.
- If you have questions about work, reach out to your child(ren)’s Guide.
Thank you for your partnership as we keep Elm City Montessori healthy and thriving!