Join the Team of New Haven’s first Public Montessori School! We have openings for the 2017-2018 academic year and are seeking the following staff:
- Operations Manager: Operations Manager job description
- Family Partnership and Community Engagement Coordinator: Job description
- Student Support Leader: Job description
- Elementary & Primary Guides
- Elementary & Primary Assistants
Elm City Montessori School–New Haven, Connecticut’s first public Montessori school–opened in August 2014 with three Primary classrooms (ages 3-6). We currently have four Primary and three Lower Elementary classrooms and will expand by one grade each year. When fully enrolled, the school will serve 340 children between the ages of 3 and 13. New Haven is a thriving arts, cultural, and education hub, located in the center of a growing community of public Montessori schools.
We also seek Guides and Assistants who:
- Are committed to a mission of social justice through education
- Have experience with a fully implemented Montessori program and are AMI or AMS-certified
- Have a strong background in public education
- Are self-starters with a history of school leadership
- Can communicate Montessori to a broad audience
- Can engage a diverse group of students, families and community members
- Will collaborate with the New Haven schools, making ECMS part of New Haven’s education reform
- Will live and work in New Haven’s vibrant urban center
- Applicants for the Guide position must be Connecticut certified by August 1st before school begins. Click here for details about CT’s Public School Montessori Unique Endorsement #110 (AMI diploma only eligible), and here for information about pathways for CT Teacher Certification. We will consider AMS trained teachers if they are eligible for CT certification.
- International applicants must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Interested candidates for Guide and Assistant Positions should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Elm City Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. People from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.