Join the Team of New Haven’s first public Montessori school! We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Primary Guide: Primary Guide Job Description
- Elementary Guide: Elementary Guide Job Description (Position available January 2020)
- Elementary & Primary Assistant: Montessori Assistant Job Description
- After School Counselor: ECMS After School Counselor_Job Description
Elm City Montessori School–New Haven’s first public Montessori school–opened in August 2014 with three Primary classrooms (ages 3-6). We currently have five Primary, three Lower Elementary classrooms, and two Upper Elementary classrooms, and will expand by one grade each year. When fully enrolled, the school will serve 340 children between the ages of 3 and 13. New Haven is a thriving arts, cultural, and education hub, located in the center of a growing community of public Montessori schools.
We seek Guides and Assistants who:
- Are committed to a mission of social justice through education
- Have experience with a fully implemented Montessori program, are AMI or AMS-certified, and can communicate Montessori to a broad audience
- Have a strong background in public education
- Are self-starters with a history of school leadership
- Can engage a diverse group of students, families and community members
- Can collaborate with New Haven schools
- Applicants for the Guide position must be Connecticut certified by August 1st before school begins. Click here for details about CT’s Public School Montessori Unique Endorsement #110 (AMI diploma only eligible), and here for information about pathways for CT Teacher Certification. We will consider AMS trained teachers if they are eligible for CT certification.
- International applicants must show proof of eligibility to work in the US.
Interested candidates should send their résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Elm City Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. People from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.